Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fifteen

How many days does it take to change your life?
A month? 3 months? 6 weeks?
I read somewhere that it takes 21 consecutive days to break a habit.
I wonder how many days it takes to break a bunch of intertwined habits;
habits that feed one another and grow together;
vices that have a life of their own.

When does loving your body become vanity?
Where is the thin line between being human and giving yourself up to lust?
How do you stop the lies when you have so many secrets?
Can you stop keeping secrets when you have no one to trust?
What is the magic formula for picking the right friends?
The questions I have are endless...

It has been 15 days this year and I am hard at work making a new life for myself, a patchwork of all the lessons the years have left behind. I don't know how many days it will take and I know I will make new mistakes on this journey...

But I have changed enough not to repeat the old ones

2 comments:

  1. I come here often, ever since I stumbled on your blog.
    You make me want to write better...
    Who ever you are, thank you for great writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. This means so much to me... thanks for sharing my life with me

    ReplyDelete