Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Anatomy of a Miracle

God did something for me recently and, unlike most times when I grab whatever it is and yell my thanks as I run out the door, I actually took time to think about it. 

What is even more amazing than the way everything fell into place was how effortlessly everything fell into place. No effort on my part, that is. 

I mean, I didn't even pray. Not technically. I looked into my heart and told God in a simple conversation what I wanted. And then I asked that his will be done. I left the details and timing and the shape and form up to him. And the results absolutely blew my mind. 

As much as I preach faith, I can understand and admit that sometimes you can spin your wheels and make plans of all the details and everything you want will be yours. But I wish I could explain how amazing it feels to get something that you know you never could have gotten for yourself in a million years. You couldn't plan the surprises or "coincidences", you couldn't align events so that it all is so beautifully done that it just makes you wonder. Not the way God would do it for you. The details and the "planning" that my God had put in place before I was even born always come together so beautifully that I am amazed every time. 

So I have started to ask myself why I worry at all. Why I try to figure out things that are much bigger than I am. Things that I don't even fully understand. My job in this grand scheme is to rest in His will, to align my desires with the little that I know of His plans for me, and to learn more and more about Him so that I can confidently leave the details to Him and trust that He could never be too late, never drop the ball, never overlook anything, never be taken by surprise, never be confused or overwhelmed. 

It is amazing to be reminded that the only burden I should be carrying on my shoulders is the weight of my head and the burden of the love of Christ for others. And these things are not heavy...

Something to think about. 

Light as air,
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Very well written. And very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete