Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Locked Out

Something about those eyes looking back at me.
They say everything, and still nothing at all.
So what are you doing here?

So many places I try hard not to go.
Is this real? Are we us?
Should I stay?
What do you want?

It’s easy to think you have the key to someone.
Because it’s worked so well in the past. Yeah
I could swear. I know you.
I have tasted your fear and I have your secrets.
But still never enough.
So what are you doing here?

Shadowed hallways and pleas that choke us.
Say sorry, mean it and dammit change.
Give me time. Give us space.

It’s funny the second you closed those eyes.
I’m breathing again, living truly.
It’s not you, it’s not us.
I’m just so finally worthy.

Of me.

So what are you still doing here?

No comments:

Post a Comment