Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chapters: One

Why Do I Love You? 

Do you know how much I love you?
I love you today, just enough, for Ever.

Why do I love you?

When I lay awake at night watching you sleep, I ask myself. When I look into your eyes in those rare moments that you are looking into my eyes, I wonder. When you love me with every bit of your body and soul, even then I wonder. And when you hurt me - when you break my heart and pierce my soul - I wonder what keeps me loving you and returning to you. I pray and I wonder.

I do not love you for your Beauty. You are fair, but not the fairest of them, or the most perfect. But you are perfect to me. And if I was blind and could not look upon your face, still I would love you.

I do not love you because of the gifta you bring. Even the world on a platter could not earn my love. But I cherish every moment you spend and every smile you give like drops of pure gold.

I do not love you for your great charm. If you spoke great lengths of verse and made magic happen with your words, I could not love you any more than I already do today, just enough, for Ever.

Now I know that loving you is because of nothing that you do or nothing that you give or nothing that you say or nothing that you are. I love you because you chose me and because I choose you. And until the day Fate wills us apart for good, still will I love you, no matter what you are or what you say or what you give or what you do.

I ask the stars that you love me too.

If only the gods would be so kind........

No comments:

Post a Comment