Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sheep in the Big City


Well, I'm not quite in the city yet. But the pressure is definitely on. In about two months I will be one of the newest residents of the Big Apple. A few weeks ago I was filled with utter trepidation and, in plain English, I was freaking out. See, I kinda sorta hate change, and moving to New York to start a real job is a big change for me. But it has to happen. Someone reminded me that whether we welcome it or not, life keeps moving and changes come. And then he told me to suck it up and quit being a baby...

Now I don't feel so overwhelmed anymore. It's still a scary move and while they say it is way to early to be looking, I find that I'm already obsessing over the details: like where I will live and who my first New Yorker boyfriend will be

One thing I know, it will be the experience of a lifetime. I hope to see and do and learn things that many people in the world only dream about or see in the movies. I get to work in one of the biggest companies in the world, with the smartest people imaginable. I get to be overwhelmed, in a good way, by all that Life in the City has to offer a wide-eyed small town girl from a tiny village in Nigeria.

And I promise to share all the details... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment